One of the problems with multiple pages report before releasing this feature was that users were not able to transfer their selected filters on a specific page to other pages in their report. They had to create same filters on each page and select same filter each time they navigate through different pages.
This feature helped them to solve this issue by creating filters that are synced in entire pages of their report and each they select a filter in one page, it carries through all other pages without doing same action over and over again.
We designed 3 different concept for this scenario and tested them with users.
Global Slicer Switch in Property Pane
Advanced Slicer Management Pane
Simple Slicer Management Pane
One Of The Top Requests From Power BI Community
In this concept we tried to put controls of sync slicers inside property pane of visual.
3. User needs to create a group name for this new sync slicer
4. This option allows them to show this slicer on all pages of report
After creating a new group, adding more groups inside the group selection drop down was challenging and ended up adding more UX problems.
Since any change that made on property is live, having an input box without save button changes the pattern in property pane.
In this concept we tried to put controls of sync slicers inside a sidebar pane.
3. After saving group name, they see their report structure that shows the slicers they have in each of the pages of their report. By clicking on sync icon they can sync any slicer in any page with selected slicer (if they are compatible). They can control the visibility of slicers by clicking on eye icon
Icons for sync and visibility are not intuitive and not clear the what are the related actions.
4. If user selects another page, canvas switches to that page to help user select the proper slicer from the list.
5. Also if any of the slicers in the page are incompatible with selected slicer, the error icon appear on its row to notify user about incompatibility
Showing slicers that are incompatible with user selected slicer in this pane would add to user confusion.
Since users preferred the pane design we decided to iterate on it and make it simpler based on user feedback.
4. From here user can select the page from table or by clicking on pagination on canvas and add/hide slicers to pages. (By clicking on page row in table, report page changes to that selected page). Title will change based on selected slicer.
After selecting a slicer almost all users were able to sync the slicers with other pages in their report.